Voices In the Vision for Africa (VIVA) Zimbabwe is a registered national youth organization that is focused on fostering a sustainable, peaceful and conducive environment for the development of young men and women, through innovative initiatives hinged on result/action oriented dialogues.
VISION, MISSION, GOALS AND PURPOSE
VISION AND MISSION
VIVA aspires to be the leading national youth peace building platform that is highly respected and clearly articulates youth issues and in collaboration with stakeholders proffer relevant and effective solutions to youth issues in Zimbabwe and beyond.
To build peace by bring together diverse young men and women to strengthen and amplify their voice in Zimbabwe, by availing a platform that will build their capacity and facilitate their meaningfully participation and representation in national decision making and policy formulation processes. This will be achieved by becoming the most forward looking, tolerant, multi faith, inter political, and inclusive institution that will foster a peaceful environment with equal opportunities for all youth by employing action oriented dialogue, lobby and advocacy, education and capacity building regardless of ethnic, political, and regional considerations.
GOALS AND PURPOSEGOALS
- To bring together young men and women from diverse backgrounds to share knowledge, skills and ideas and with one voice, articulate youth issues and proffer sustainable solutions for peace and nation building in collaboration with key stakeholders..
- To become the most forward looking, tolerant, multi faith, inter political, and inclusive institution that will foster a peaceful environment with equal opportunities for all youth, by employing action oriented dialogue, lobby and advocacy, education and capacity building as weapons of choice, regardless of ethnic, political, and regional considerations.
- 1) To facilitate dialogue amongst diverse youth and to strengthen and amplify the youth voice in peace and nation building processes.
- 2) To facilitate meaningful youth representation and participation in national decision making and policy formulation processes.
- 3) To build and strengthen the capacity of member organizations to enable them to effectively contribute to national processes.
- 4) To link and resource member organizations with relevant information and access to strategic partnerships and forums.
- 5) To showcase the urgency, capacity and value, youth poses and are currently contributing to national development
- Inclusiveness (to create space for all youth regardless of origin)
- Tolerance (accept, celebrate and leverage on our diverse ethnicities, cultures, religions and political affiliations)
- Respect (appreciation for each individuals rights, the environment and respect of hard work)
- Integrity (to uphold high moral standards of conduct through accountability, honesty and transparency)
- Peace (Peace without development is not durable, Development without peace is not sustainable)
- "Each One, Teach One."